Pompallier Catholic College is a Catholic faith community in which care and concern for others comes first.
Accordingly, the following student support systems are in place:
- Whānau Teachers for all students as the first point of contact for any concerns
- At Year 7 and 8 the Whānau Teacher is also the student’s teacher for core subjects, ie. the majority of the student’s day
- Deans for each year level to provide pastoral and academic guidance for students, as well as support for teachers in matters of student learning
- House Leaders who assist with the support of students within a particular House group
- A Senior Management Team to support Deans and Heads of Learning
- A Guidance and Careers Counsellor and chaplaincy support from the Marist Priests at St Francis Xavier Church
- Family Support services are available to work alongside whānau, to try and remove any barriers that may be preventing young people from attending school and getting the most out of their education
- The Public Health Nurse is available for consultations, if required
- Assistance from outside agencies is available and arranged, if desired, to meet students’ individual special needs where appropriate
The College welcomes parents and caregivers wishing to discuss student concerns with Deans, Senior Management and other staff, subject to staff availability. We encourage you to phone the College office to make an appointment, wherever possible.